My beloved Nittany Lions aren’t supposed to win this one, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they do. They can play spoiler against one of the teams they dislike the most. A win in Ann Arbor makes it more likely Penn State finishes the regular season 10-2.
Odd and Ends
TOP 25 GAMES
- Penn State and Michigan are meeting as AP Top 25 opponents for the 10th time in series history.
- Penn State is 4-5 in the nine ranked match-ups, winning the last one in 2017.
- Penn State and Michigan are meeting as ranked opponents in back-to-back seasons for the first time since doing so from 1993-99.
PENN STATE VS. AP NO. 5
- Penn State is playing the Associated Press poll fifth-ranked team for the first time since playing USC in the 2009 Rose Bowl.
- Penn State’s last win over the AP No. 5 was Oct. 15,
1994at Michigan, 31-24. That game also marks Penn State’s last win on the road over an AP team ranked fifth or higher.
- The last time Penn State played a team ranked fifth or higher on the road was at No. 4 Michigan in 2016, a 49-10 loss.
Official Game Notes
PREDICTION: Michigan 35, Penn State 21